Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rangers Talk Loss to Pens

Rick Carpiniello at The Rangers Report has numerous post game quotes...

Henrik Lundqvist on tonight’s game…
“This one was painful. We battled back and it was a pretty good game. In the second period we played pretty well and we came out in the third and kept it going. I don’t know what to say. That was bad timing , when we got that penalty, they get a lucky goal on a deflection off our player. We have had a bunch of these games this year. It could be a different story if we manage to win these games. We have a tough time winning games like this but we definitely played a lot better than the last two games. That is a good thing.”

Brandon Dubinsky on the 2nd intermission…
“I thought we were good here in the room and we knew we just had to fight for another 20 minutes out there to try and get 2 points. Arty (Artem Anisimov) scores a big goal there, but we have to respond after that. It starts with my line. We have to make sure we are strong defensively, especially when it’s tough to put pucks in the net. We have to make sure we are doing our jobs and try and keep confident here. From now on we have to try and stay confident and believe in what we got here. We have to believe in what we can do and get over this.”

Marian Gaborik...
“We’ve got to manage to keep the lead if we have it in the third period like that. It happened in the last game against these guys too. We play a good game, but we have to hold onto the lead. … when they tied it, we can’t let them score the go-ahead goal.”

Dubinsky (on the winning goal)...
”I was maybe a little late trying to get there. I’m not going to sit here and say it was my guy or another guy’s. We’ve got to do a better job and make sure we’ve got to make sure we’ve got a high guy and make sure they don’t get an odd-man rush and make sure they don’t even get that opportunity.”

Lundqvist on the winning goal...
"It was just bad positioning. I tried to reach for it on the rebound and I went down to make a block and he just found a hole there above my pad. You know, everything happens so fast. You sit here and maybe think what I would have done differently—maybe not reach for the puck and just get back in position. But I didn’t see the guy coming, I reached for the puck, and then I saw him and I was a little too late there.”

No comments: