Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ex-Ranger Lundmark Looking to Stick with Flames

Todd Kimberley at NHL.com reports on former Ranger #1 pick Jamie Lundmark, who has had a penchant for timely, important goals when called up by the Flames, attempting to gain a full time spot with Calgary on a line with Jerome Iginla and Olli Jokinen...

"When I've come up (from the AHL) the past couple of years, it's being put into a role where I help the team as much as I can," Lundmark said . "I'm not going to get away from that. If I come up and play well, and fit in and contribute the way I think I can contribute, other things will happen. I can't get frustrated with (being unable to stick). I've just got to keep playing hard, coming out every night, being consistent."

...another one of the many first round draft flops for the Rangers. Glad to see him doing well, but I'd rather see him scoring timely goals for the Rangers.

1 comment:

Snuser said...

1999 was a bad year for us to double down. Pavel Brendl + Jamie Lundmark = 11G & 19A for the Blueshirts. All in all an awful draft class - Patrick Stefan #1 followed by Sedin twins, Brendl and Tim Connelly (Islanders). We could have traded WAY down and picked Henrik Zetterberg 210th. Here's a rule for Sather - anyone named Henrik still available in the 7th round should be drafted (although hopefully he won't be around for many more of our draft parties).