Friday, January 22, 2010

Kotalik Requests Trade?

Jim Schmiedeberg at the Blueshirt Banter has heard from a source that Ales Kotalik has asked for a trade...

"According to the agent, Kotalik has asked for a trade, telling the Rangers he is not happy with the organization, and wants to be traded, released, or he will defect to Russia. Kotalik has allegedly told the Rangers he would like to be traded out west."

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants had this quote from Kotalik last week...

“I scored a couple of goals and I was talking about it with the coaching staff, Schoeney,” Kotalik said. “I was starting to feel better about myself, I thought my game was coming along and would get on a level I’d like and I know I can be. But I was pushed to the fourth line and the minutes weren’t there. It was the same thing. I don’t know. I sure would love to know. But that’s not happening, I don’t know what it is.”

...while you always worry about information coming from "sources," the guys over at Banter are not a rumor mill and I trust that this is accurate information.

...this wouldn't surprise me as I can't imagine Kotalik is exactly excited to be sitting in the press box right now.

11 comments:

NYCat69 said...

Kotalik is Czech, not Russian. I'm pretty sure he's never played in Russia ever.

Kevin DeLury said...

JoeR, if this report is true I'm assuming Kotalik is using the KHL as leverage. Whether or not he's ever played there doesn't matter. Emery played in Russia last year, I'm sure he's never been there either. Unless on vacation.

NYCat69 said...

Fair point. Whether or not the Russia part is true, it makes sense that he would want out and that the rumor has merit. Personally I hope he gets what he wants. Adios muchachos.

fleisch said...

I will help him pack if it means we can get rid of him and his bloated contract....

-DO said...

Please let it be Kotalik and Redden for McGratton and Regehr. Please let it be McGratton and Regehr. Jokinen would be nice, since we need a center, but they don't have enough depth at center to give one away without taking one back, and no way they would take what we have to offer (i.e. Cptn Contract).

fleisch said...

trade his ass straight up for Brian McGratton...just watched some of his fights on youtube...we need him!!

Unknown said...

Can't say that I cant understand while he is feeling excluded here, But you didn't hear Voros b*tching when he was riding the pine for god knows how long. I think the big difference is maybe he felt and expected to be the role player to be the QB on the Blue Line, But as we all know Del Zoto has filled that role efficiently for the most part. Since 2005 Kotalik was a role player for offense with most of his time in Buffalo and short stint with Edmonton. But maybe that is the message that Torts is trying to send him, his past performance shows he can play better. that -16 is glaring though, but you can argue he has never been a + player since he has played in the NHL Career wise he is no better than a -1. It's not like he hasn't had his opportunities to shine when he has been in there, I think though his "heart" level of play should be a lot better. As much as I think Higgins could be in the same spot at least most nights he plays with a good moxie of heart.

Unknown said...

Jokinen....... UGhhhhhh, I would rather see one of the boys from the WP than see him in a blueshirt. Hasn't done anything with Calgary all year and his salary definitely would be a mistake 5.5 on the books with being a UFA next year. Dont like the idea of who we would have to put in for a trade on that one.

-DO said...

Dear Mr. Girardi, et. al., here is what you do when someone (Dustin Penner, in this case) runs your goaltender, courtesy of Regehr.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/41200

Andrew_794 said...

@ todd and kelley....voros didnt bitch because hes not a top 6 foward, he knows it...kotalik is supposed to be i guess?

point is, voros knows hes not going to dress in 82 games a year no matter what team hes with, kotalik just signed a contract here and expected more, although i dont think hes deserved it

-DO said...

T&K, I'd trade Jokinen (5.5M/yr x <1y) straight up for Drury ($7/yr[avg] x <3y), but nobody asked me... yet. Jokinen has talent, just like Dru has talent, but he's cheaper and in a contract year.