Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Modano Talks Avery; Del Zotto on Snarl

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has this quote from Dallas Stars forward Mike Modano on former teammate Sean Avery...

“You have expect the unexpected with him,” Modano told the Daily News said after the Stars lost to the Devils, 4-0, last night. “You never know what you are going to get. He’s a real intense guy, he plays hard. He’s found his niche here in New York and it’s good for him. It’s a positive that he’s back in the game and playing. He’s done his due diligence to get back in it.”

...whatever Modano, you totally threw Avery under the bus in Dallas. Don't give me your BS.

On adding snarl to his game Michael Del Zotto noted...

“It’s one thing the coaches have been harping on, playing with more of an edge,” Del Zotto said. “I think, especially that Carolina game (a 2-1 overtime loss on Saturday), that was probably the hardest I got hit all year. I went to pinch in and (Tuomo Ruutu) got me pretty good. That kind of woke me up, I just wanted to get some energy. There’s some opportunities for some big hits. Torts was talking to me about knowing when the right time is.”

...i've loved Del Zotto's game of late and glad to see him throwing his body around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike Modano is the best American born player to play the game. He has every right to say what he said after the way Avery was playing in Dallas. That game in Boston was an embarassment and Modano had every right. It's more than a year later so I'm sure he has cooled down and that was a classy thing for him to say today whether he meant it or not. Modano has my respect