Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tortorella: "You can get carried away with X's and O's"

Katie Strang at Blue Notes has numerous quotes from John Tortorella including this one on him being less concerned with X's and O's and more focused on mentality...

"You can get carried away with X's and O's. I don't think that's a huge part of the game anymore. I think it's mindset. We're trying to work in a mindset of a philosophy of attacking, We want to set a tempo in a game, not wait until the game is being played. We wanna have a swagger, the right type of swagger...and not wait for something to happen."

Strang also caught up with Sean Avery who had this to say about the anticipation for his first game in the Garden since being re-acquired by the Rangers...

"I think it's gonna be certainly fun. We've got a big game obviously to concentrate on, but from my standpoint it will be very exciting for sure."

...its amazing how my excitement for this team has done a 180 since Tortorella and Avery came on board. I used to almost dread games, now I can't wait for the next one. Glad its an afternoon game tomorrow. Not sure I could have made it till 7:00 p.m.

No comments: