Friday, March 27, 2009

Tortorella Speaks, Sort of

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has some actual quotes from John Tortorella after practice today.

On Sean Avery and Markus Naslund's lack of ice time in the third period last night...

“I don’t use Sean four-on-four,” he said. “I have three groups I like using there, there were some power plays, some four-on-threes that I don’t put Sean on…Naz, he lost some ice time along the way because I thought some other guys were going. He may get 20 minutes tomorrow night, he may get eight minutes, depends on what goes on, that’s just the way it is.”

Tortorella, however, did not explain why he refused to use Zherdev in the shootout.

At practice, Tortorella flipped Naslund and Fredrik Sjostrom. The other lines remained the same.

...thought I'd be reading about "Herbies" today. Guess not.

No comments: