Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Sit Down with Tortorella

Rick Carpiniello at The Rangers Report has a great interview with John Tortorella.

Carpiniello asks Torts about his knowledge of his players, trap vs. pressure systems, showing video, and on the team's identity.

Here's Tortorella on the team developing an identity...

“I wouldn’t say way off, and I definitely wouldn’t say dead-on. It depends on the period that you talk to me. And that’s my concern, our consistency. It’s not consistency of the scoreboard or Xs and Os. It’s the consistency of a mindset. I still think we have work to do there, and for our team to feel they can step on that ice and feel good that they’re going to get it done, not hope to get it done. And that’s going to take some time. I know it’s going to take some time. It’s easy, you know, you win a couple of games and you get on a bit of a roll. But I know we have work to do there."

Carp also has post Wild game quotes from Tortorella here.

...the guy has come in and delivered. Not much more I can say.

No comments: