Friday, April 9, 2010

Rangers 4, Flyers 3


The New York Rangers (38-33-10) defeated the Philadelphia Flyers (40-35-6) by the score of 4-3, tonight. For a recap and box score go to Yahoo! Sports and newyorkrangers.com.

...before I get to my post game comments I've got to let out a huge HELLS YEAH!!!! Sunday can't get here soon enough.

...now that I've gotten that out of my system, I loved the gumption of the Rangers tonight. Flyers score less than a minute in and then immediately take a penalty. That game could have went the wrong way real quick. Not sure the last time I've seen perseverance like that from the Rangers. Where has this team been all year?

...how badly would you want to kill Shelley if him not scoring came back to haunt the Rangers tonight? Congrats on the first goal though.

...you need your big players to step up in big games and tonight Gaborik earned his money.

...biggest play of the game was the double minor to Carcillo. Flyers were buzzing and that penalty got the Rangers back into it. Lead by their Captain.

...Prust becomes a bigger steal every day. Five game scoring streak.

...Girardi is officially forgiven for his earlier sin against the Flyers by jumping Hartnell after his hit on Anisimov.

...glad I said Staal very seldom makes mistakes before the games. Oops.

...doesn't look good for Callahan for Sunday.

...i've been remiss in my lack of praise for Eriksson since being inserted into the line-up. His play has almost been good enough to forget that Hobey Baker Award winner from Boston University's name.

...man the 'Shirts Off Our Backs' ceremony would have sucked if the Rangers lost.

...it all comes down to Sunday afternoon in Philly. It doesn't get any better than this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the positivity. Rangers kicked ass. Simple as that. Carp's blog will be negative, guaranteed.

NYCat69 said...

Man, I really hope they keep Prust and Shelley - great with Anisimov, and you can tell, listening to Shelley in the post-game interview, that he has a great attitude and could be a real team leader.

Unknown said...

In the words of JD

OH BABY!

chef dave said...

I enjoyed this game more than any game I have seen in a long time. The only big drawback was that since I live in California now my center ice package blacked out the msg coverage because Versus picked up the flyers coverage. Great to have it in HD but after every flyers goal the anouncer said his catchphrase of "gets a case of tasty cakes"? WTF!?! G-d bless Sam Rosen.