Thursday, April 15, 2010

Staal to Play for Canada at World Championships

Darren Dreger at TSN reports that Marc Staal has confirmed his intent to play for Mark Messier's Team Canada in next month's World Championships in Germany.

Brandon Dubinsky and Matt Gilroy will be playing for Team USA. While Artem Anisimov is expected to represent Russia.

...i hope these games will be televised. I just can't get into the playoffs with the Rangers not participating. So the World's will be my only hockey fix.

2 comments:

chef dave said...

I think the only way to watch the worlds is online, but my wife is Czech so I would love to check it out if anyone has any info, it's a great tournament.

Anonymous said...

Look, playoffs without the Rangers are meaningless to me too, but there has been some good hockey. I watched both West coast games last night, and Phoenix is legit, all the former Rangers make me nostalgic, and I loved the Colorado team denting the Sharkie's hopes. Just finished watching Vancouver and LA in OT, great game. I feel your pain, but lets get over the Rangers for this year, it might have been for the best anyway. atdhe.net is a great site to catch all these games.