Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Off-Season Plan for The New York Rangers Blog

While the season may have been a disappointment for the Rangers, it was the most successful in the three-year history of The New York Rangers Blog.

There were over 375,000 hits from September thru the beginning of April (Double the amount I had the previous two seasons combined!!!) and I've been really excited about the great dialogue in the comments section. Good stuff. Keep it coming.

So now that the off-season has started a month and a half earlier than we all hoped, I wanted to give you an idea of what I'll be doing here at the blog.

In the immediate, I'll be posting as many team report cards as I can. I won't be doing my own (How many times do you need to read that Gaborik gets an A and Redden gets an F?).

I'm assuming there won't be much Ranger news as the playoffs roll on so it will most likely be pretty quite around here in May as I'm not going to be posting updates on the playoffs (Except for the "Prucha Watch"). This is a Rangers blog, if you want to read how the Sabres are doing go to a Sabres blog.

The 2010 Draft is scheduled for June 25-26 at the Staples Center in LA, so in the weeks leading up to that I will get you all the mock drafts and prospect news relating to the Rangers.

Finally, the July 1st opening of free agency (My second favorite day after the trading deadline) will have me posting every Ranger rumor (99% which will probably be false) on the net as well as the news that the Rangers were somehow able to trade Wade Redden. Hey, I can dream.

As always, if you have any ideas on how to make the blog better or links I may have missed please don't hesitate to e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

Thank you for your support. Let's Go Rangers!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great blog. My primary source for Rangers info. Thanks again for the hard work!

Andrew_794 said...

i love the redden bashing that goes on here (myself included) sometimes you just need to vent about him..

or slats..

Unknown said...

I'm not sure how I found this blog but I'm sure glad I did. It has become my first stop for all my NYR info. Keep up the good work! LGR!!

Unknown said...

This is my first stop for Rangers news, etc. Thanks for your time!

We're all looking forward to the draft and July 1st. Can't wait for that snowball!

rusty said...

I'm probably responsible for about a thousand of those hits myself. Even though I only comment once in a while(when I feel that I have something interesting or important to add) I check in on the site several times a day to see if there are any new developments. Keep up the great work, NYRFan, I can't wait for next year.

Bryan B. said...

Awesome blog, just started reading this year. I log on atleast once a day. Its definitely an easy way to get all of my NYR news, and read other peoples views and opinions. Thanks for your work.