Sunday, April 18, 2010

Betts in the Playoffs, While Rangers Watch

The Rangers loss to the Flyers on the last day of the season meant that former Ranger Blair Betts was headed to the playoffs for the fifth straight season. Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants was able to sit down with the former fourth line center to discuss why things didn't workout with him in the Rangers last off-season...

“Just after the year-end meetings, not that they went badly or they said anything whether I’d be back or not, I just kind of felt like my run there was coming to an end,” Betts said. “I think, at the time, I was a little bit interested in free agency and seeing how things would play out that way. We didn’t really contact the Rangers and we just kind of waited to see if they’d contact us and they didn’t. So we were prepared for it. It’s obviously part of the business. There’s always a little, I wouldn’t call it hurt, I don’t know what you’d call it..."

...it's hard to say how much of a difference Betts would have made this season as he is known more for his defense than where the Rangers lacked which was on offense. But I still feel that the Rangers made a mistake by not bringing him back.

In other former Ranger news, did you guys see the Scott Gomez/Tom Poti fight last night? If not here you go...




...they must have been fighting about which one of them Ranger fans hate more.

...i've got to assume that Capitals fans were cheering after the fight because they knew Poti wasn't going to be on the ice for the next five minutes.

No comments: