Thursday, February 18, 2010

Zipay Talks to Prospects

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes was able to speak with Ranger prospects Ilkka Heikkinen, Evgeni Grachev, Bobby Sanguinetti and P.A. Parenteau...


“I think I’m not going to get a one-way contract, not if I play the whole year in the AHL,” a discouraged Heikkinen, 25, told Newsday yesterday after practice in Hartford. “I’m not going to play a second year here. I’ll go back to Europe or maybe Russia.”

...the ridiculous contracts for Redden and Rozsival will be the reason the Rangers lose a young, skilled defenseman.

Grachev, who the Rangers moved to wing this season after scoring 80-points as a center in juniors, on his first professional season...

“I don’t get as much points as I’d like,” said Grachev.

...the Rangers have a lack of depth at center and they move their #1 prospect from his natural center position to the wing. Unreal.

Sanguinetti, who has been out with an ankle injury, on making the big club as a regular...

"That’s my main focus, just a matter of trying to win a spot. It’s tough not being up there, it's everybody’s goal. You hate to think about it, but maybe I would have been there if I hadn't been hurt."

...i'm starting to get worried that Sanguinetti will become another over-hyped Rangers prospect. Next year's training camp will be huge for him.

Parenteau, who has been sidelined with a concussion, on whether he's gotten a chance with the Rangers organization...

"I’m not gonna answer that one; I just want to finish the season healthy."

...while Parenteau may not have gotten a legitimate chance with the Rangers, I'm not so sure he deserved on. A couple of shootout goals doesn't make you a successful NHLer.

2 comments:

-DO said...

Drury scored a goal today against Norway.

-DO said...

Callahan had an assist on Dru's goal