Friday, February 12, 2010

Slovak coach expects Gaborik to play in Olympics

CTV reports that Slovakian Olympic coach Jan Filc fully expects superstar forward Marian Gaborik to be healthy enough to play in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics...

"I am sure it is not so bad," Filc told AFP on Thursday. "The word coming out of the Rangers' locker room is it is not so serious. And maybe he will only miss one game."

...while I feel good for Gaborik that all indications are that he'll be able to represent his county during the Olympics, I'd much rather see him resting up for the stretch run by watching the Olympics on the couch.

...h/t to Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants for the link.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not sure how I feel, I agree though that we need are star players to be rested. These next two games are Pivotal going into the Olympic break. We need to win both of these games to be at least in a good spot for the stretch run. With 22 games left sitting at 59 points; I think the magic # is 92 points to safely be in the playoffs. The Rangers would Have to win 17 out of the next 22, to reach that mark. I am rooting but I just don't think it is to be.