Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Torts Warming to Prust

Michael Obernauer at the Blueshirts Blog says John Tortorella is warming to Brendan Prust who has three fights and an assist since joining the Rangers in the Kotalik trade...

“I wish I had told him after the first one not to even fight him; I should have,” Tortorella said. “But that’s what I love about the kid, he’s such a willing kid. And then to get rewarded, he makes a good little play there. He’s been responsible defensively. But that was my mistake, I should have gotten to him right after his first fight and told him not even to bother with it anymore. But he’s a guy I have to see more of and maybe put in some different situations.”

...i know it's only a small sample but you have to like what Prust has brought since coming over. Should be interesting to see what he can do with increased responsibility.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a fan. We need a guy to just drop the gloves and murder dudes, heavyweight or not.