Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rangers Claim Auld (Updated)

Update: 2:55 p.m.
Richard Durrett at ESPN.com has this quote from Auld on being claimed by the Rangers...

“It’s exciting,” Auld said by phone. “Obviously, you want to play for an NHL team and that’s what I’m getting here. I look forward to going there and seeing if I can help them get in the playoffs any way I can. They have one of the best goalies in the league there in Henrik Lundqvist, but whatever they need from me, I’ll do. I’ve known throughout my career that there are many ways to contribute.”

Original Post:
Newyorkrangers.com reports the Rangers have claimed Dallas Stars back-up goaltender Alex Auld off of re-entry waivers.

Auld, who is in the final year of his contract that pays him $1 million, is 9-6-3 with a 3.00 gaa and a .894 save% with Dallas this season.

The Rangers will only have to pay 50% of his salary since they claimed him on re-entry waivers.

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has analysis here.

...smart move by Sather. I love when he listens to me.

No comments: