Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Avery Now Has Broken Bone In Right Hand

Larry Brooks at The New York Post is reporting that Sean Avery might need surgery after finding out he has a broken bone in his right hand and will be out for at least the next couple of weeks...

"...the Rangers are doing their best to downplay the severity of the situation, the winger's first words to The Post yesterday morning were, 'I'm done,' before amending his comments after a chat with a club official.

'I mean I'm done for the next couple of weeks,' Avery, who missed his 22nd game of the Rangers' 43 in last night's 5-3 Garden loss to the Lightning, said a few minutes later. 'I'm hoping it will heal on its own by resting it, but if not, I don't know, I guess then I'd have to consider surgery.

'It's the same bone that was broken in the left hand.'..."

...can someone get this guy to drink some milk.

...all joking aside, this could be devastating for a team that has completely lost its way. Not sure where the Rangers go from here. Maybe a trade?

No comments: