Monday, January 21, 2008

As Bad As It Gets

As you might have noticed, there was no Ranger-Bruin game recap yesterday. There were two reasons for this, one: too busy celebrating the Giants big win and two: why bother? I didn't want to blog about it and I'm sure no one wanted to read about it. I was there and I can't imagine there being a worse played game in the history of the Ranger franchise. Obviously, they've been defeated by larger margins, but I don't think there has been a Ranger team that just mailed it in the way these guys did yesterday. It was almost like they didn't want to be there. For the first time in my life I was actually bored at a game and so were about 18,000 other fans. The players got off real easy to, because it was a Sunday afternoon crowd with lots of kids. If it were a Saturday night, the crowd would have went nuts. For the first time all year I heard a few 'Fire Renney' chants.

It's safe to say something big has to happen to snap this team out of this funk. And I don't care what it is. Fire Renney, trade Jagr, sit Jagr, bring up Montoya, anything.

And despite their poor play this season they are far from being out of the playoffs. Its still January and they're only 2 points out of 8th and 3 points out of 7th. Plenty of time to make a run like last year. Unfortunately, it looks like this team needs something to motivate them. Not sure what it is, but they better figure it out soon.

No comments: