Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Zherdev Signs Contract with Flyers

Update, 4:27 p.m.:
Flyers beat writer Anthony SanFilippo tweets that Zherdev's KHL team (Atlant) says the deal with Philadelphia is complete.

...never in a million years did I see this coming. Zherdev doesn't seem like a Flyers type of player.

Original Post:
From Dmitry Chesnokov of Puck Daddy...

Reports in Russia indicate that Nik Zherdev signed a contract with the Flyers.less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

...not sure the validity of this as most reports out of Russia are false.

...can't wait till Z drops a hat trick on the Blueshirts in his first game back at MSG in a Flyers sweater.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

7 comments:

ag_blue said...

Oh, man . . .
That would be annoying.
I hope it's not true . . .

chef dave said...

I doubt this is true as the Flyers only have 577k of cap space and 21 players signed. But if they let Giroux go I guess it's possible.

Kevin DeLury said...

I'm hearing Gagne is a gonner which will open up space for Zherdev.

theking said...

I hate the Rangers. They should have went after Zherdev. I think he learned his lesson and wont take his talent for granted. I think he will come back and work harder now.

Unknown said...

Give me Z or give me death!!

Anonymous said...

Zherdev was such a big loss that not a single NHL team offered him a contract when he was a free agent.

C'mon, he is talented but had no idea what he was supposed to be doing on the ice. Terrible fit for the Flyers.

paul

Blog HTML said...

its quite annoying. is it really true?