Saturday, July 3, 2010

Potter on His Way Out

In Larry Brooks' article in the New York Post on the Brandon Prust signing he also reports that Corey Potter is apparently on his way out of the organization as a an unrestricted Group VI free agent...

"The Rangers do have interest in retaining Potter, a 2003 fourth-round pick out of Michigan State who played a combined eight games the past two seasons, but they are leery of signing him to the one-way contract he's seeking because if sent down, he would be susceptible to re-entry waivers on the way back."

...while I like Potter and thought he played very well when called upon last season, if he is going to make demands that may hurt the Rangers I have no problem cutting ties with him. I do, however, hope something is able to get done as a team can never have enough defensive prospects.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.