Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lundqvist Breaking in New Pads, Prospal's Relationship with Tortorella Misunderstood


Update 3:30 p.m.:
Thanks to reader agold2k3 for the pic of Lundqvist in his new Bauer equipment.

Original Post:
Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports from the final day of informal camp with this...

"As for Lundqvist, he's breaking in new goalie equipment, having switched to Bauer from TPS shortly after the playoffs ended. Lundqvist is already on his seventh set of goalie pads as the two sides try to tweak it to Lundqvist's total liking."

...can we please get our star goalie equipment he likes!!!

On his relationship with John Torterella, Vinny Prospal said..

"Torts puts his face on and keeps it on for nine months," Prospal said. "I'd like to believe I'm a different guy at the rink than away from the rink. But I don't want people to misunderstand our relationship. When I'm at the rink, I'm all about hockey. I guess he knows how to push the right buttons. I'm looking forward to it even if, at times, I don't like it."

...i'm really interested to see how this relationship will pan out this season. I'm assuming if Tortorella had a problem with Prospal he would have made it known when Sather was pursuing him.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Hmmm. That's why TPS Lundqvist model pads are selling at like 75% off on the internet! :-)

Unknown said...

Any pics of the break-in process or the pads themselves? Maybe a goalie forum somewhere has the details...

Anonymous said...

http://www.bauer.com/goalie/index

Check this out. New look Lundqvist

AnnoyingJoe said...

will they stop little rubber disks? who gives a shit how they look?