Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sundin Signs With Canucks

TSN is reporting that Mats Sundin has agreed to a one-year contract with the Vancouver Canucks that's pro-rated for $10 million.

Here is Sundin's statement...

"I am truly excited to be joining the Canucks," said Sundin in a team statement. "Once I made the decision to return to play a few weeks ago, the Vancouver opportunity was simply the best overall fit. I want to thank Mike Gillis and the entire Canucks organization for their professionalism throughout this entire process."

...i have to say I'm shocked. After reading all the reports the last few days I was convinced he was coming to the Rangers. I guess Sather wasn't able to make the moves necessary to open up the cap space.

...or maybe money just trumps all. As my friend just texted me 'F'n Greedy Bastard.'

For more analysis visit the Rangers Report.

5 comments:

!JustDance said...

good for Sundin. I was dying to get him for the Rangers, but what the hell! What person in their right mind takes 3 mil over $10 million! No one! And he isn't a greedy bastard---he stayed with Toronto last year, and he is a quiet and faithful Hall of Famer

bpette02 said...

If if was so faithful to Toronto he would've waived he's no trade clause at the deadline last year so the Leafs could have gotten something in return for him. Instead of going to a contender at the deadline and trying to win the cup he said he couldn't see himself wearing another jersey other than the Leafs. Well I guess it's easy to wear another jersey when they're paying you $10 million.

I hope this doesn't lead to the Rangers signing Shanny.

DO WORK said...

if it does oh well, we have no control over these things....

DO WORK said...

i wouldnt mind having Shanny back!

Unknown said...

Oh well. It would have been cool but now I'm more psyched the team will get back to Prague form. First man to the puck, forechecking, hitting...