Monday, April 14, 2008

Nobody Said It'd Be Easy


Last night the New York Rangers were defeated by the New Jersey Devils 4-3 in OT in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal match-up. The Rangers lead the series 2-1. For a full recap go to Yahoo! Sports.

...like my title says nobody said this would be easy. Obviously, I'm not happy with the loss, but I really don't have much criticism. The Rangers scored four goals (two on the power play), Lundqvist was good (not great), and overall I thought they played a solid game. The OT goal was a typical playoff OT goal and nothing more than bad luck. Biggest game of the year on Wednesday. If we win, it's going to be difficult for the Devils to comeback, but if we lose the next three games will be an all out war.

...Marc Staal had a tough game last night. First he couldn't clear the puck on the pk leading to Elias' goal and then the OT goal goes off his skate. He's shown maturity beyond his years all season, so I have no question that he will bounce back.

...another goal by Avery. Sather must be going nuts.

...sorry no updates yesterday. I had a thing.

No comments: