Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Messier Reflects on "The Guarentee"

TSN has this on Mark Messier...

Messier, now 47 and retired since 2005, says he didn't really think it through when he made his bold statement to the media.

"When I was faced with the press the day before the game, I thought 'what a great idea it would be for the players to wake up the day of the game and find out how much I believed in us and how I thought we could go in there and win that game,"' Messier said in a phone interview Tuesday from his home in Hilton Head, S.C.

"My oversight was 14 million other New Yorkers and the New Jersey Devils were going to read the same article. I was so focused in, I thought only the 20 players on our team were going to read that paper."

...hopefully we can get a little Messier magic this year to get us back to the Stanley Cup Finals.

...man I love reading anything about Messier or the 1993-94 season.

No comments: