Thursday, April 24, 2008

Penguins: "Idiot" Avery No Concern

Joe Starkey at the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review has various quotes from Penguin players regarding Sean Avery...

Regarding the Pens strategy against Avery, Jarkko Ruutu says...

"Who?"

On the Brodeur incident Gary Roberts says...

"He's an idiot"

Brooks Orpik said...

"I think guys just lose a lot of respect with a lot of the antics. He's probably just a guy who craves attention. That's what motivates him, I guess."

Hall Gill offers...

"I find it pretty easy to ignore him"

Georges Laraque on Avery's antics...

"He doesn't get on my nerves...I don't know how people let him get under their skin. You don't hurt anyone by talking. Just ignore it, right? I'm pretty sure that'll be our approach with him."

...for a team that finds him easy to ignore they're sure talking about him an awful lot. Sounds like the players from a certain team in New Jersey.

...for other Pittsburgh newspaper articles on Avery click here and here. Thanks to the Blueshirt Bulletin for the links.

No comments: