Monday, April 21, 2008

Quotes, Quotes & More Quotes

At the Rangers Report, Sam Weinman has these players' quotes...

Gomez on getting into a track meet if the Rangers play the Penguins next round...

“I don’t think you want to,” Scott Gomez said. “That’s like playing with fire. They’ve got some of the best young guys, if not the best in the world. You don’t want to do it. It just wouldn’t be smart. You look at any sport, it starts with defense. Even when the Bulls were winning all those championships, they were playing great defense.”

Jagr on the possiblity of being booed if they play in Pittsburgh, Washington or Philadelphia...

“I get booed everywhere” he said. “Maybe I’m going to get booed at home.”

Lundqvist on being nominated for the Vezina trophy...

“This year I went through some stuff that was a little tough. My dad was sick for a while and hockey was not the most important thing in the world. But at the same time I love this sport. And when you start winning and you work hard and the people around you are supportive, you have a lot of fun.”

...that's the first time I've heard Lundqvist mention that his father's illness was effecting him. I know this isn't earth shattering news as most Ranger fans figured that his struggles were due to his father's health, but if there were any worries about Lundqvist's struggles popping up again in the playoffs he just put them to rest.

No comments: