Friday, April 25, 2008

Shanahan a Whiner?

Tony Ferrante at the Most Valuable Network calls Ranger fans and New York media hypocrites for calling Sidney Crosby a whiner...

"Yesterday, we got this beauty of a column by Newsday’s Arthur Staple, as well as this little snippet from John Dellapina of the NY Daily News.

And it got me to thinking, is it just me, or are the Rangers’ fans and media the biggest bunch of hypocrites, or what ??

Let’s focus on the subject of whining, since that’s high on Artie’s list.

Let’s, for the sake of argument, agree with Artie’s assessment that Sidney Crosby is a master whiner.

If Crosby is a whiner, what does that make Brendan Shanahan ??

Even the most diehard of Rangers fans would have to wade through the homer-ish fog and see that Shanahan is one of the biggest whiners in the history of the NHL, and that’s no stretch.

Brendan Shanahan is the Grand Frickin’ Poobah of whiners !!!!

Just so I understand, Crosby is the master whiner, but Shanahan is merely an intense competitor ?? You can’t be serious !!"

...is this guy Ferrante out of his mind or is it just me? In his two years with the Rangers I can't recall once when Shanahan embellished a call or cried to the referees. Unlike his boy Cindy who does it on a gamely basis.

...despite the stupidity of this column, I'm glad I found it because I can now bring up a concern. I'm worried that the Rangers are going get consumed by Crosby's whining the way the Devils got caught up with Avery's antics and their play will faulter. Hope I'm wrong, but just something to keep your eye on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Crosby's whining will be a problem for the team because the people who are complaining about it are the fans. The Penguins are answering questions left and right about Avery, but I don't hear Crosby's name coming out of anyone the Rangers mouth (save, Jagr). I mean the Devils were complaining a ton last series, and the Rangers had several questionable calls/noncalls against, but they stayed focused throughout.

Anonymous said...

I think Renney will keep the Rangers emotions in check. He did a fantastic job versus the Devils, and I think the team realized keeping your head does wonders. Just look at the young guys performances.

Kevin DeLury said...

I hope so.

Anonymous said...

Crosby is a Whiner. I saw Rangers protecting the refs from Crosby when he was getting hit last night in GAme 4. Every time he is hit he has to have a discussion with the Refs. He waited at the gate to talk to the Refs off the ice last night. THe difference between Shanny and Crosby is Shanny is asking about why a call was made, Crosby is complaining that a call wasn't made. Experienced Competitor vs Whiner. Get it straight.