Thursday, April 10, 2008

Getting to Know Brendan Shanahan

At The Hockey News, Mark Malinowski has this piece on Brendan Shanahan. Here is some of it...

Favorite Meal: "A nice New York steak."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Vanilla."

Greatest Sports Moment: "Winning my first Stanley Cup (with Detroit in '97)."

Most Painful Moment: "Every time I've been eliminated in the playoffs."

Funny Hockey Memory: "Jason Strudwick's overtime goal this year in Pittsburgh was a highlight [smiles]."

Embarrassing Hockey Memory: "Probably having to be picked up by the referees and carried off the ice when I was too young and too slow to skate off."

Closest Hockey Friends: "It's tough to pick a few. All my teammates have been good friends and special friends to me."

Funniest Players Encountered: "Ken Daneyko. Sean Avery. Tomas Holmstrom. All pretty funny guys."

...I love that his funny hockey memory is Strudwick scoring a goal. It would have been better if he said watching Colton Orr trying to skate. Just kiddin' Colton.

...click on The Hockey News link for more.

No comments: