Monday, November 3, 2008

Rumors: Shanahan Possibly to Penguins, Less Likely Blues

Eklund at HockeyBuzz has this to say regarding Brendan Shanahan landing in Pittsburgh...

"The Penguins are lacking a little something right now. Essentially it is what went away with Gary Roberts. Experienced leaders for the young players to look up to. The power play is good, but come playoff time, will it be great? Shanny is PERFECT for this situation, and according to my sources he is CLOSE to becoming a Penguin."

...until I saw this I never even considered Pittsburgh as a possible destination. But you know what it actually makes a lot of sense for both parties. Unfortunately, it would make a divisional opponent better.

While Jeremy Rutherford at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch says that Shanahan is aware of the St. Louis Blues' interest but continues to weigh his options. Blues President John Davidson had this to say...

"He's in a position where he can take his time," Davidson said. "They're saying he knows which teams are interested and he's going to sift through it. He's got to make a decision to stay close to his family (in New York), or pull the kids out of school and go to another city. He has to work it out."

...not sure if you guys are interested in where Shanahan is going to land, but I figured I'd keep you updated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shanny is not going to the Penguins.

Kevin DeLury said...

Yeah I looked at the Pens cap space after I posted this and saw they don't have much room.

I guess if they really wanted Shanahan they could make a move to open up some space but they'd really have to be desperate to do that.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't even blink if they got rid of Hal Gill.