Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gomez: I'm Nicked Up

There's been some criticism of Scott Gomez in the comment section of this blog lately. Deservedly so. But it's been well documented that Gomez has been banged up to the point of missing practices. I don't want to make excuses for the guy, but if he's playing hurt it could be the reason for his struggles. Here's what Gomez had to say about his health...

"I'm about 99-point...percent, I'm kinda nicked up a little bit, but you know when you can go and when you can't. I need a day of rest and that's about it," Gomez said to Steve Zipay at Blue Notes.

Sam Weiman at The Rangers Report talks about Tom Renney's infatuation with changing lines, Ranger players bailing on reporters after last night's game and Shanahan possibly signing with the Flyers.

...i'm willing to give Gomez the benefit of the doubt and say his injury has a lot to due with his poor play. He's been too good of a player for too long for him to be struggling for no reason.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Injury or just soreness, I still fell there aren't many guys that can keep up with him when he builds momentum through the neutral zone. When he has the puck he MOVES.