Monday, November 10, 2008

Prucha & Dawes to Sit Tonight

With the recall of Lauri Korpikoski, Tom Renney has decided to sit both Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes for tonight's game against Edmonton. Meaning Chris Drury will be centering a line with Korpikowski and Dan Fritsche on his wings.

Sam Weinman at The Rangers Report has this quote from Korpikoski on why he thought he struggled with the Rangers coming out of camp...

“I would say I was too careful to not make mistakes,” he said. “I was concentrating maybe too much on the defensive side. Now I just have to play the game and use my strengths and be more offensive.”

...as I mentioned yesterday I'm a fan of this new line.

...obviously it's very difficult for a first year player to take on the responsibility of a top three center. Just ask Brandon Dubinsky, who struggled early last year until Renney moved him to the fourth line allowing him to get comfortable and find his game.

No comments: