Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Valiquette on Avery Incident

At The Rangers Report, Sam Weinman has this quote from Steve Valiquette...

“It’s not in the spirit of the game. It worked and it’s effective. But it’s a gentleman’s game much like golf. I wouldn’t have been happy if that happened to me. I probably would have reacted a little differently. Sean would have been picking his teeth up off the ice if it was me.”

...great thing to say about a teammate in the middle of a tough playoff series. Having said that if Valiquette or any other Ranger had a problem with Avery I'm sure they would have said something directly to him.

...I know Valiquette is known as a jokester on the team so I hope he was kidding when he says hockey is a gentleman's game like golf. Or maybe he just watched too much of the Masters this past weekend.

...I'm officially sick and tired of this incident and I can't wait for Game 4 to start so we can stop talking about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is ancient history but I believe "Little Valley" meant the game should be more gentlemanly but it surely is one of the most brutish sports played in the world today. "Little Valley" needs to leave his overblown ego at the door. He truly is a career minor leaguer. My dog, a sweet COON HOUND, could have stopped more goals from going in than LV last season. Bon chance in Moscow little Valley.