(1) Canadiens vs. (8) Bruins - Sunday night, Marc Savard came off the bench on a delayed penalty to score with 9:25 gone in overtime and the Boston Bruins beat the Montreal Canadiens for the first time this season, winning 2-1 in Game 3 of their first-round playoff series to cut the first round series deficit to 2-1.
(2) Penguins vs. (7) Senators - Last night, Sidney Crosby, Jordan Staal and Marian Hossa scored in the third period to lift Pittsburgh to a 4-1 victory over the Senators and leave the Penguins a victory away from a first-round playoff sweep.
(3) Capitals vs. (6) Flyers - Sunday, The Flyers shut down the favorite for league MVP, R.J. Umberger and Jeff Carter scored first-period goals, and Martin Biron got his third shutout in four games to lead a 2-0 victory over the Washington Capitals and even their Eastern Conference series at one game apiece.
(1) Red Wings vs. (8) Predators - Last night, Jason Arnott scored with 3:58 left in the final period, the second Nashville goal in nine seconds, and the Predators rallied to beat the Detroit Red Wings 5-3 and cut the first-round series deficit to 2-1.
(2) Sharks vs. (7) Flames - Sunday night, (Owen) Nolan tallied with 3:45 left as the Calgary Flames rallied from a three-goal deficit early in the first period and beat the San Jose Sharks 4-3 to take a 2-1 series lead.
(3) Wild vs. (6) Avalanche - Last night, Pierre-Marc Bouchard took a pass from Brian Rolston from behind the net and sent it past Jose Theodore 11:58 into overtime to give the Wild a 3-2 win over the Avalanche. It was the third straight overtime game in this first-round series, with the Wild winning two of them.
(4) Ducks vs. (5) Stars - Saturday night, (Mike) Modano and Brad Richards scored 55 seconds apart in the third period as the Stars, after letting the Ducks come back from a two-goal deficit, pulled away to take another one-sided victory giving them a 2-0 series lead.