Last night the New York Rangers (39-26-9) defeated the New Jersey Devils (42-25-6) by a score of 2-1 in a shoot-out. For a full recap go to Yahoo! Sports.
- The Rangers are 6-0-0 against the Devils this year.
- Chris Drury's goal was his team leading 23rd of the season.
- Nigel Dawes is now 4 for 6 in shootouts this year for the Rangers. He was 0 for 4 in Hartford.
- Henrik Lundqvist has only given up five goals in six games against the Devils.
- The Rangers power play was 0-4 and are now 1 for their last 23.
- The Rangers have gone to a shootout in five of their last nine games. Winning four of them.
- The Devils 1-0 lead was just their second lead over the Rangers this season.
...Chris Drury lived up to his reputation once again last night. Goals like that are the reason we brought this guy in. And he is delivering.
...I was pretty jacked up before the game, but found myself pretty bored throughout. Not many scoring chances, few highlight reel saves. That was until Drury scored and then it was the best game ever.
...Nigel "Automatic" Dawes strikes again. Amazing move to fake Brodeur out of his jock. Happy to see Renney give Callahan a shot in the shootout. He actually made a great move but lost the puck.
...Lundqvist didn't have to be great last night, but his dominance over the Devils is amazing. He has a 0.75 GAA against them this year. And he's needed to be that good because Brodeur has a 1.99 GAA against the Rangers.
...those were two huge points with the ridiculous third period comeback by the Sabres last night (six third period goals to overcome a 4-1 deficit). The win moves us to within four points of the Devils and the #1 seed in the Conference.
...another 0'fer on the power play. It's become embarrassing.
...a day to relax then its off to Philly where I expect to see Valiquette back in goal.