Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sour Grapes

NHL.com has Martin Brodeur's quote after giving up the lone shootout goal to Nigel Dawes...

"Well, he missed the shot," he said. "He was going to shoot it, I think low blocker and it kind of hit and went off his heel low. My stick was off the ice because I was reading something else."

Dawes chuckled and politely disagreed.

"I might not have gotten as much on it as I wanted to, but my intention was to go 5-hole," Dawes said. "I wanted to try to get him to freeze a little bit, and I got him with a good fake. Then I wanted to get him as he was trying to reset."

...let's go to the video tape...

Click here for video

...Ruling: Dawes faked you out of your skates.

2 comments:

bpette02 said...

Hey Marty shut up! Stop acting like a whiny bitch and just admit the kid make a sweet move and beat you.

oh baby said...

I'm sure the only reason he allowed Dury to score was because his shot was suppose miss high, but hit some sort of freak jet stream in flight.

It looked like five hole the whole way to me Marty. I'm pretty sure Mr. Automatic has used that move in prior shoot-outs.