Monday, March 31, 2008

Gut Check Time


Yesterday the New York Rangers (40-27-11) were defeated by the Pittsburgh Penguins (46-26-7) 3-1. For a full recap go to Yahoo! Sports.

- Brandon Dubinsky scored his 14th goal of the season, and his first in 13 games. It was also his first power play goal of the season.

- Defenseman Fedor Tyutin had four of the team’s 17 blocked shots.

- Christian Backman earned an assist, and is now 1-4-5 in the last four games.

- Jaromir Jagr also had an assist, and he is 2-2-4 in the past four contests.

...thankfully I didn't watch a second of the game yesterday. From what I've read it looks like another great game by the officials (four power plays to eight!!!!) and for some reason despite Gomez being back from injury Renney hasn't put the lines back together.

...even the most ardent Renney supporter (I'm talking to you fleich14) can't make excuses for Renney switching up the three line combinations that catapulted us to a 13-2-5 run. Does Renney not like scoring? If these lines aren't re-united tonight Renney should be fired on the spot. I can forgive Renney for not having a fiery demeanor, but I can't for tinkering with the line-up when not needed.

...biggest game of the year tonight. I'll have a preview later.

3 comments:

oh baby said...

I'm pretty sure Orr was scratched due to injury.

Kevin DeLury said...

That's what happens when you don't watch the game. Thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous said...

I agree...the lines should go back to the way they where, Jagr and straka should not be on a line together ever...