Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Redden Speaks About Being a Ranger

Dubi at the Blueshirt Bulletin has this from the newest Ranger Wade Redden...

"We weighed out all the options," Redden said. "At the end of the day, this is a great opportunity for me. We did our due diligence on the Rangers. I know what the Rangers are all about. I'd been with Perry Pearn in Ottawa [the Rangers' assistant coach having been an assistant in Ottawa before coming here]. I talked to a few players around the league about what a great place New York is to be, what a great goalie they have. When I look at the Rangers and their coaching staff, they're very thorough and experienced. Their approach is bang on, and they're a team on the rise."

...not sure I like that he's worked with Pearn in the past.

Dubi says that with the Rangers also signing Swedish agitator Andreas Jamtin and free agents Aaron Voron and Patrick Rissmiller they have about $7 million of cap space remaining here. Dubi also gives some back ground on these three.

...Dubi has obviously done a better job than me at the math, as I earlier stated the Rangers had $11 million to play with after today's signings.

...is this trio of grinders supposed to replace Avery when we don't sign him?

No comments: