Friday, July 4, 2008

Jagr Leaves Gracefully, Tell's Milbury to Kiss His Butt

Larry Brooks at the New York Post has some great quotes from Jaromir Jagr after learning he will not be back with the Rangers...

"I'm disappointed that I'm not going to be in New York, but I've always believed in my life that things happen for a reason, and that's how I look at this," Jagr told The Post last night. "Coming to the New York Rangers was great for me, and I owe Glen thanks for making the trade with Washington [on Jan. 23, 2004] to bring me here.

"I can't say I regret anything that happened here. We didn't win the Stanley Cup, but there's a lot of luck that goes into that, too, even if you have a great team. Well, I guess I regret that I didn't get 84 points this season. If that had happened, I'd still be here."

Jagr ended his interview with this quote...

"I want to thank Glen and Tom and the Rangers. I want to thank all the people who supported me. Being in New York was special.

"And I also want to say to the people like Mike Milbury who made their living by criticizing me all the time, that they can kiss my [butt]."

...classic. We'll miss you Jagr. One of the top 5 (OK maybe 10) most important people in Rangers history.

For more Jagr coverage see Journal News, Newsday, New York Times, and the Daily News.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I also want to thank Glen and Tom. Finaly Devils can win next 24 games in raw over Rangers.