Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Absurd Ranger Playoff Ticket Increase

Larry Brooks at The New York Post writes...

"...the core of the Ranger blue-seaters received weekend notices of their impending playoff invoices. The per-game regular-season price of $30 will be increased to $55 for the first round, $75 for the second round, $100 for the conference finals, and $150 for the Cup Final, a staggering increase compared to historical policy.

While refusing to release the complete playoff ticket-pricing structure, Garden officials noted the percentage increase for that price sector is significantly higher than for most of the arena, and that the price had been set at fair market value."

...as if I needed another reason to hate the Dolans. This is an outrage. As a season ticket holder with seats in the blues I'm really upset with this. Last year it was $35 for the first round and $42 for the second round. Now MSG is telling me that if the Rangers are lucky enough to make the second round I have to pay $33 more per ticket.

...to me it seems like the Dolans are using Rangers fans to make up for the money they are losing with the Knicks. Disgraceful.

...I don't mean to sound like a Democratic Presidential nominee, but what is up with the Dolans squeezing the middle class? Why are the real Ranger fans in the Blue Seats, who can barely afford to go to the games as it is, seeing the largest increase, while the corporations who purchase the lower level seats are getting a pass. I can't image that a larger increase on corporate tickets are going to break budgets the way the increase in the Blue Seats will be breaking personal budgets.

2 comments:

bpette02 said...

I just received my play-off invoice today. And the prices Brooks quoted are correct. I agree with NYRFAN %100.

And by the way, I think tickets last year were $38 for the first and $45 for the second round.

Once again this is a family blog so I will refrain.

Anonymous said...

just think how much Dolan will raise ticket prices next season if the Rangers make a serious run this year.