Monday, July 27, 2009

Naslund Treated Like A King in New York

In an interview with Jim Jamieson at The Providence, Marcus Naslund talks about his time in New York...

Q: When you signed with the Rangers year ago, had you made a decision it was time for a change or were you still open to returning to the Canucks?

A: I hadn’t made a decision prior to July 1. I was still talking with Mike (Canucks GM Gillis). I was hoping and expecting to have a choice about coming back. But after July came around, more and more I had the feeling it wasn’t meant to be and it was time for a change. Looking back, it was probably the right thing. I had a great time in New York. I was treated like a king there.

Naslund also says having a secondary role with the Rangers allowed him to relax.

...i thought Naslund was a solid (not great) signing last year. What was even more solid was him retiring allowing the Rangers to take his salary off the books.

...hat tip to Puck Daddy for the link.

No comments: