Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Anisimov Talks Off-Season

Steven Gelbs at Rangerscast interviews Rangers prospect Artem Anisimov on his off-season so far and his chances of making the team out of camp...

You had a great season in the American Hockey League last year. Do you feel you are ready to make the jump to the NHL?

Last season was very successful for me. I was flattered to be invited to the all-star game. That was my first time participating in something like that. I received good experience playing North American hockey last year. I played 80 games for Hartford, scoring 81 points which, in my opinion, is a good indicator. I have been living in the U.S. for two years now and I feel that I have gained enough experience. I understand the style of North American hockey and I like it very much. I now feel I have the strength to play in the NHL.

...with the Rangers being thin down the middle Anisimov is going to get a chance to make an impact this year. Let's hope the kid can step up the way Dubinsky did in his rookie year.

No comments: