Saturday, January 17, 2009

Rangers on Last Night's Refereeing

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has these quotes from Tom Renney and Ranger players on the disgusting display of refereeing last night...

Tom Renney:

“We knew we were right there, we knew we could win,” Renney said. “We knew as the game evolved the calls were going one way so keeping our composure would be important.”

“There was consistency,” Renney said regarding the refereeing. “They were calling everything under the bloody sun. You tell me the other team was so squeaky clean in this game. I’m sure I can buy it.”

“So far, maybe the most satisfying,” Renney said about the win.

Chris Drury:

“It’s probably two of the most rewarding (points),” Drury said. “Looking back, it might be two of the most fun.”

Henrik Lundqvist:

“We played five skaters and two referees,” said goalie Henrik Lundqvist, who made 32 saves and stopped eight of nine shots with the Blackhawks two men up. “It was unbelievable, there were so many calls. I don’t know where they came from. I’m almost not enjoying the win right now, I’m so annoyed at the calls. I can’t believe we killed that many five-on-threes.”

...again, great job by the players and coaches to keep their composure and not let the calls take them off their game. I'm hopeful a victory like this can really pull this team together and send them on an extended win streak.

No comments: