Friday, January 30, 2009

Fritsche Was Praying to Get Out of New York

Michael Russo at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune has this quote from Dan Fritsche on being traded from the Rangers...

"I've been hoping and waiting -- no, praying -- for this day to come," said Fritsche, 23. "I don't think excited really even describes it. I can think of a million different things [as to why I didn't play] in New York. Coaches have their guys. It's been a long year for me up to this point."

...i sort of don't blame Fritsche for having that reaction. But he's not on the team anymore so F'em.

5 comments:

candace said...

While I can definitely understand him feeling that way, there's a difference between feeling something and saying something. It just seems very unclassy to me.

So I agree with you... F'em.

DO WORK said...

Pompous Ace.

fleisch said...

How do the coaches have there guys? half of the guys playing the wing are new to the team.

All you had to do was out play Voros, Sjostrom, and maybe even Dawes, who was in the dog house early this season, and he couldnt do it.

F'em

Evan S said...

No, I mean its ok for him to say that he wanted a trade, I think it is pretty obvious because who would want to sit for 20 games at a time? I don't think he had anything personal about the coaches or team, I think he just realized he wasn't right for the rangers and wanted to leave...On the other hand, his interview included none of the usual "I loved the experience" or "I will remember what I was taught for years to come" sort of business.

Unknown said...

Cheers to Fritchse for saying what's on his mind. Hey, it's not the normal drivel that comes out of (most) athletes' mouths. It's gotta be super frustrating sitting that long.