Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Torts: It’s Baptism by Fire

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has numerous quotes from John Tortorella on his two star rookie defensemen...

“It’s baptism by fire,” Rangers coach John Tortorella said after both rookie defensemen scored a goal in a 3-2 win over the Devils at the Prudential Center. “They handled the minutes tonight. They had some mistakes along the way but they played well.”

...i can't overstate how excited I am that the Rangers have finally given young hungry players a real chance to succeed.

Gross also has quotes from Gilroy & Del Zotto. On his first NHL goal Gilroy said...

“I was just trying to get my shot through,” Gilroy said. “That’s another thing Coach is working on with me. I think I got a lot of shots to the net today and that’s going to help my game.”

Del Zotto on scoring on an open net as Brodeur was caught out of position...

“I wanted to make sure because the ice wasn’t the greatest out there and the puck was spinning about a million miles an hour,” Del Zotto said.

No comments: