Saturday, October 10, 2009

Avery, Valiquette In vs. Ducks

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes reports that Steve Valiquette will start tomorrow against the Ducks, while Henrik Lundqvist, who had started the first four games of the season, will be back against the Leafs on Monday night at the Garden.

Zipay adds that Sean Avery, who played on the fourth line with Brian Boyle and Donald Brashear, looked solid during practice today, including scoring three straight on Lundqvist in one drill, and said there was nothing he wouldn't be able to do on Sunday.

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has this quote from Avery on playing tomorrow...

“Yeah, I’m ready to go,” Avery said. “It’ll be nice. I didn’t get to play in any exhibition games at home. It’s been a while since I’ve played at home.”

...Rangers playing well and Avery returning tomorrow. You can say I'm pretty fired up.

3 comments:

bpette02 said...

Don't get too fired up, Valiquette will be in net.

Leine said...

bpette02:

I don't know. Personally, I think Valiquette is highly underrated. In terms of backup goalies, he's one of the best in the league. His last two SV% have both been over .9

The fact is, we tend to be a bit shy about him because of our lead goalie--I mean, how do you compare when the primary you work behind is King Henrik? However, Valiquette gives a solid performance, and I always expect good things when he minds the net.

Unknown said...

Watch out for Selanne. I can see him working Valiquette. He scored two go against Philly and one in O.T.