Monday, November 30, 2009

Rangers Talk Loss to Pens

Below are quotes released by the Rangers after the game...

John Tortorella on tonight’s game…
“I thought we played better defensively, first of all. I thought we had the puck more. We generated some offense. It is discouraging. I thought there were a lot of good things for a lot of minutes of that game. Right now we are just not figuring out how to win it at key times. We need another big play, another big defensive play, another big offensive play, another big save. That is the fine line between winning and losing in this league and right now we are not getting it done.”

Marian Gaborik on the positives of the game…
“I don’t think we gave them much. We gave them a couple of power plays. I think we had a lot of chances, quality chances. That is what we have to take out of this game.”

Chris Drury on tonight’s game…
“I thought we did a lot of good things throughout the game. It’s really a frustrating loss. Hopefully we can take some good things from it, get a good week of practice and get ready for Buffalo.”

...its quite sad when the Rangers are encouraged by moral victories.

No comments: