Monday, November 23, 2009

Higgins: Just Keep Getting Them The Pucks

Michael Obernauer at the Blueshirts Blog has this quote from Chris Higgins on his game plan tonight with his new linemates Marian Gaborik and Vinny Prospal...

“Just keep getting them the pucks, they seem to be doing the right things with it. They’re putting a lot of points on the board so just keep getting the puck in their hands as much as possible. They’ve got a lot of finish and a lot of skill, so that’s all I’ll be trying to do.”

...smart idea since Gaborik and Prospal are the only two Rangers to score the last three games.

On being moved to center, Ryan Callahan noted...

“I think it shows (Tortorella) has confidence in me, that I can play a different role and that I have the capability to be able to play in the defensive zone. I just have to step up and show that I can do it. Right now it’s hard with Dubie and Dru out, guys have to fill roles and step up.”

Obernauer also has an update on Chris Drury.

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports that Henrik Lundqvist will make his fifth straight start tonight.

...great news as I would be pissed if Valiquette started in my first game of the season.

No comments: