Saturday, October 3, 2009

Del Zotto: I can’t even put it in words

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report has this quote from Michael Del Zotto on scoring his first NHL goal...

“I can’t even put it in words, it was an unbelievable feeling. I have to give credit to my teammates, my line mates. Cally (Ryan Callahan) provided a great screen, Higgins made a great pass and it happened to go in. I was pretty excited. I saw my mom was crying in the stands, she is pretty emotional. It makes it that much sweeter knowing they were here and they were proud of me. It is a great feeling.”

...must have been awesome for the Del Zotto family to be sitting in MSG watching their son score his first NHL goal.

Carp has other quotes including this from John Tortorella on the game...

“We need to button up some things along the way here. We have got young defense. After the first period we couldn’t convert on the power play, we have to say with it. We are giving away too many chances against. But those are correctable things. I thought that the team played hard in a back-to-back. We scored some important goals. I thought that the most important play of the game was Cally (Ryan Callahan) screening the goalie on the third goal. It’s a work in progress. We still have a lot of work to do, but I am happy at the way that they stayed with it and found a way to win the hockey game.”

Brandon Dubinsky on the offense…

“Certainly we have opportunities and we have to continue to capitalize on those chances. I thought we did good tonight. We just have to continue to do it. With our offense, the attack we have, we are going to create those chances. We have to score some goals.”

4 comments:

Phil said...

I will echo Torts' sentiments here with some little stuff to tidy up. But wow! What a game. thoroughly enetertained. Let's go across the river and beat Tubby on Monday night.....

Unknown said...

DZ and Kotalik are the best PP QB's we've had in a long time. DZ and Gliroy are getting me really excited for the future of the Rangers D. Also, Rozy, why can't you hold to puck in the zone--ever?! Come on!!!

brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brian said...

glad i made it out to the game tonight!

am i the only one sick of seeing brash lose fights?