Monday, October 12, 2009

Wife Not a Factor in Semenov Leaving Rangers

Jeff Z. Klein at Slap Shot has an interview published over the weekend in the Russian daily Sport Den za Dnem, where defenseman Alexei Semenov made his first public statement on his sudden departure from the Rangers in which he says he declined to sign with the Blueshirts after being invited to try out for the club in training camp not because of his wife’s objections, as Glen Sather had told reporters, but because he did not think the contract would pay him enough. ...

“The story is somewhat different than what was presented,” said Semenov, who is now playing for Dinamo Moscow in the K.H.L. “I love my wife; I take her advice on family matters, but never on hockey! On that I have my own views, or I confer with my agent.”

...yeah right Semenov. You're just sick of everyone telling you that your wife wears the pants in your marriage.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whatever the reason for Sememov not signing, it kind of sucks that Sather blabbed about him and his wife to the media. Aren't negotiations supposed to be confidential? Kind of a dick move if you ask me...

Kevin DeLury said...

Par for the course with Sather.