Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Worst Trades In Ranger History

With the retirement of Mattias Norstrom, Dubi at the Blueshirt Bulletin discusses the worst trades in Ranger history...

"Norstrom and Laperriere were dealt along with free agent disappointment Ray Ferraro (who went on to play six more seasons, twice scoring more than 20 goals) and a couple of lesser assets that never amounted to much for Jari Kurri, who played 14 regular season and 11 playoff games as a Ranger, a shadow of his former self just two seasons away from the end of his Hall of Fame career, Marty McSorley, who barely played as a Ranger and went down in infamy a few seasons later for clubbing Donald Brashear across the head, and Shane Churla, another enforcer who played 81 games as a Ranger before injuries ended his career.

But was that worst Ranger trade ever?..."

...for me the worst Ranger trade was the Mike Ridley and Kelly Miller for Bobby Carpenter trade. Ridley had become one of my favorite players and I remember my father and I being just dumbfounded after that trade. Ridley went on to have a fantastic career in Washington, Miller too I might add, while Carpenter didn't last very long on Broadway and was sent to LA for Marcel Dionne. Great job Espo.

...Dubi has set-up a poll so vote for your favorite.

2 comments:

bpette02 said...

I also think the Ridley was trade was one of the worst. However, I wouldn't use the word fantastic to describe Ridley or Miller. They were good players. The Leetch trade to me is the worst ever.

Kevin DeLury said...

I'll admit that fantastic was a bit strong to describe Miller, but Ridley did average 30 goals a year in Washington. That's pretty fantastic to me.