Friday, June 27, 2008

Jagr Conflicted

John Dellapina at The Blueshirts Blog says that Jaromir Jagr, who scoffed at the notion that he has the equivalent of a $35 million offer from Omsk, has no idea where he will end up...

Jagr on the current contract offers...

“I know what are the exact sums offered by both sides and that´s the difference between me and you, journalists. Sometimes I must laugh at what´s been published in a papers. I really don´t know where you get those sums guys. It would be nice to get that kind of money, but it won´t happened.”

On his plans...

“Now it´s really complicated. One day, I´m almost sure to stay in America. The other day, I´m closer to Russia.

“I really don´t know what will happen over the next days, weeks. Sincerely, I don´t know. And I´m not bluffing, i just really have no clue.”

On what he needs to hear from the Rangers...

“I realized already that I was playing my best hockey when there had been the most pressure on me. I need to hear or need to know: This is your team, you are the key element and the team will do as you will do. Than I can play my best hockey. And I feel I can still play on the highest level.”

...the most telling quote is the last one. If the Rangers come to Jagr and say we want you back but this is now Drury & Gomez' team, Jagr's gone. However, if the Ranger say you're the man, he'll be back no matter what the offer is from Omsk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well its not his team because he blows and does not deserve to have it be called his team. hes an old pussy that does not hustle at all...go back to the homeland and lick some wang there